Boards and Kits Targeting Cost-Optimized Design
Xilinx and Alliance Members provide out-of-the box design solutions that significantly cut development time and enhance productivity. Development/evaluation kits, targeting the cost-optimized design, offer all the basic components of hardware, design tools, IP, and pre-verified reference designs, enabling evaluation and development of diverse applications.
|Featured Cost-Optimized Design Boards and Kits
|Artix-7 Arty Kit
||Designed by Avnet and Digilent, a completely customizable development kit perfect for embedded designers looking for a flexible, low-power platform. The evaluation board is a complete system, packaging all the necessary functions and interfaces needed for an embedded processor system onto a small footprint.
|Avnet Spartan-6 LX9 MicroBoard
||The perfect solution for designers interested in exploring the MicroBlaze™ soft processor or Spartan–6 FPGAs in general. The kit comes with several pre-built MicroBlaze "systems" allowing users to start software development just like any standard off-the-shelf microprocessor.
|ZYBO Zynq-7000 Development Board
||The ZYBO is a feature-rich, ready-to-use, entry-level embedded software and digital circuit development platform built around the Zynq-7010 All Programmable SoC. The on-board memories, video and audio I/O, dual-role USB, Ethernet and SD slot will have your design up-and-ready without needed additional hardware.
View all Cost-Optimized Design Boards and Kits
FPGA Mezzanine Cards (FMC)
FMCs are daughter cards that provide maximum I/O expansion capability for Xilinx evaluation kits. The VITA/ANSI FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC) standard was developed by the VITA 57.1 working group consisting of FPGA vendors, carrier and FMC suppliers, and end users resulting in hundreds of cards available to help speed you through prototyping and development.
- Data throughput: Individual signaling speeds up to 10 Gb/s are supported, with a potential overall bandwidth of 40 Gb/s between mezzanine and carrier card
- Latency: Elimination of protocol overhead removes latency and ensures deterministic data delivery.
- Design simplicity: Expertise in protocol standards such as PCI, PCI Express®, or Serial RapidIO is not required.
- System overhead: Simplifying the system design reduces power consumption, IP core costs, engineering time, and material costs.
- Design reuse: Whether using a custom in-house board design or a commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) mezzanine or carrier card, the FMC standard promotes the ability to retarget existing FPGA/carrier card designs to a new I/O. All that is required is swapping out the FMC module and slightly adjusting the FPGA design.
View all FMC Cards
Xilinx board accessories include programming cables, flying leads, cables (e.g. SMA, BullsEye), power bricks, mounting racks, and other accessory hardware to support the Xilinx evaluation boards.
View all Board Accessories